Breakfast is often referred to as the most important meal of the day. But what if you miss it due to a busy schedule? Or maybe you’re in the mood for pancakes at 3 pm. Fear not, because there are restaurants that offer breakfast all day. In this article, we’ll explore who serves breakfast all day and the best options for you.
What Does It Mean to Serve Breakfast All Day?
Before we delve into the details, let’s establish what it means to serve breakfast all day. In most cases, it means that a restaurant offers a breakfast menu throughout its opening hours, which can range from early morning to late night. The menu typically includes classic breakfast dishes like eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, and French toast.
When Can You Find Restaurants Serving Breakfast All Day?
The good news is that more and more restaurants are offering breakfast all day. Most fast-food chains that serve breakfast have extended their breakfast hours to cater to customers who crave breakfast outside traditional hours. Some sit-down restaurants have also started serving breakfast all day, giving customers more options than ever before.
How To Find Restaurants That Serve Breakfast All Day
Finding restaurants that serve breakfast all day is easy thanks to modern technology. A quick Google search will reveal several options in your area. You can also use popular food delivery apps like Uber Eats, DoorDash, and Grubhub to find restaurants that offer breakfast all day and order from the comfort of your home or office.
Pros and Cons of Eating Breakfast All Day
Now that we know where to find all-day breakfast options, let’s discuss the pros and cons of eating breakfast all day.
- Convenience: You can satisfy your breakfast cravings anytime you want.
- Variety: Breakfast menus usually include a wide variety of dishes, so you can try something new every time.
- Nutritious: Many breakfast dishes are healthy and provide essential nutrients to start your day.
- Limited options: Not all restaurants offer breakfast all day, so your options may be limited.
- Cost: Breakfast dishes can be expensive, especially if you order them outside traditional breakfast hours.
- Time-consuming: Some breakfast dishes take longer to prepare than others, which means you may have to wait longer for your meal.
Alternatives to Restaurants That Serve Breakfast All Day
If you can’t find a restaurant that serves breakfast all day or want to try something different, there are several alternatives that can satisfy your breakfast cravings.
Many convenience stores offer grab-and-go breakfast items like muffins, croissants, and breakfast sandwiches. They’re affordable and readily available, making them an excellent option for people on the go.
Breakfast Food Trucks
Food trucks specializing in breakfast dishes have become popular in recent years. They offer a wide variety of breakfast options and often use locally sourced ingredients.
Make Your Own Breakfast
Making your own breakfast at home is a cost-effective and healthy alternative to eating out. You can experiment with different recipes and make your favorite breakfast dishes from scratch.
Step by Step Guide: How to Make Pancakes at Home
One of the most popular breakfast dishes is pancakes. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make them at home.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Using a measuring cup or ladle, pour ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until the bubbles that form on the surface of the pancake burst, and the edges are dry.
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
Comparing All-Day Breakfast Options
Now that we have explored different options for breakfast, let’s compare them based on factors like convenience, cost, and variety.
- Convenience: Fast-food chains are easy to find and offer drive-thru options for quick service.
- Cost: Prices can vary depending on the restaurant, but fast-food chains are generally cheaper than sit-down restaurants.
- Variety: Most fast-food chains offer a limited breakfastmenu with standard options like breakfast sandwiches, hash browns, and coffee.
- Convenience: Sit-down restaurants can be harder to find than fast-food chains, and may require a reservation during busy hours.
- Cost: Breakfast dishes at sit-down restaurants can be more expensive than fast-food options due to their higher quality ingredients and preparation methods.
- Variety: Sit-down restaurants often offer a wider variety of breakfast dishes, including omelets, benedicts, and specialty pancakes.
- Convenience: Convenient store breakfast items are easy to grab and go for people on the move.
- Cost: Convenience store breakfast items are generally cheaper than fast-food chains or sit-down restaurants.
- Variety: Convenience stores offer a limited variety of breakfast items compared to other options, usually consisting of pre-packaged items like muffins or breakfast sandwiches.
- Convenience: Food trucks offer a unique experience and can be found in popular areas or events.
- Cost: Prices can vary depending on the food truck and location, but food truck breakfasts are generally more expensive than convenience store items but less expensive than sit-down restaurants.
- Variety: Food trucks often specialize in creative breakfast dishes that are not typically found on standard menus, such as breakfast tacos or waffle sandwiches.
Tips for Ordering All-Day Breakfast
If you’re planning on ordering all-day breakfast, here are some tips to make your experience more enjoyable:
- Check the restaurant’s website or menu beforehand to ensure they offer breakfast all day.
- Consider the cost and time it takes to prepare certain breakfast dishes. Some dishes may take longer to prepare and cost more than others.
- Be mindful of portion sizes, as some breakfast dishes can be quite filling.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for substitutions or modifications to fit your dietary needs or preferences. Many restaurants are accommodating and willing to make adjustments.
The Best All-Day Breakfast Restaurants in the US
Now that you know where to find all-day breakfast options and how to order them, let’s explore some of the best all-day breakfast restaurants in the US.
IHOP is a classic all-day breakfast chain that offers a variety of breakfast items, including pancakes, waffles, omelets, and crepes. They also offer a senior menu for customers over 55.
Denny’s is another popular all-day breakfast chain that specializes in hearty breakfast dishes like the Grand Slam and Lumberjack Slam. They also offer a Build Your Own Omelet option.
Cracker Barrel is a sit-down restaurant that offers an extensive breakfast menu with southern-inspired dishes like biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, and country fried steak. They also offer a gluten-free menu for customers with dietary restrictions.
Waffle House is a southern-style diner that serves breakfast all day, every day. They are known for their signature waffles, hash browns, and breakfast sandwiches.
First Watch is a health-focused breakfast and brunch chain that offers fresh and nutritious options like avocado toast, quinoa bowls, and egg white omelets. They also have a seasonal menu that rotates throughout the year.
In conclusion, finding restaurants that serve breakfast all day has never been easier. With fast-food chains extending their breakfast hours and sit-down restaurants joining the trend, there are more options than ever before.
In addition, there are alternative options like convenience stores, food trucks, and making your own breakfast at home. When ordering all-day breakfast, be mindful of cost, time, and portion sizes, and don’t be afraid to make modifications to fit your dietary needs or preferences.
Lastly, we explored some of the best all-day breakfast restaurants in the US, ranging from classic chains to health-focused options.
Is it unhealthy to eat breakfast all day?
Eating breakfast all day is not necessarily unhealthy, as long as you make healthy choices and don’t overeat.
Can I order breakfast items outside of traditional breakfast hours?
Yes, many fast-food chains and sit-down restaurants now offer extended breakfast hours or serve breakfast all day.
Are all breakfast dishes available all day at restaurants that serve breakfast all day?
Not always. Some restaurants may have limited breakfast options or only offer certain dishes during specific hours.
What are some healthy options for all-day breakfast?
Some healthy all-day breakfast options include egg whites, whole-grain toast, fresh fruit, and yogurt.
How can I find all-day breakfast restaurants in my area?
You can search online via search engines like Google or use popular food delivery apps to find restaurants that offer breakfast all day.
Chef Michael Correll began his restaurant career near his home in his teens as a pizza cook, but soon moved to Philadelphia where he first landed at Jones, an acclaimed Stephen Starr restaurant on Chesntut Street.
It was also in Philadelphia that Chef Correll pursued his culinary education, graduating from the Art Institute of Philadelphia in 2008.
After school he worked for Chef Marc Plessis at Nineteen in the Park Hyatt Hotel before moving to Pinehurst, North Carolina to open the Carolina Room.